“People should lead their lives as entrepreneurs — not necessarily starting companies, but investing in themselves, adapting to the fast changing future, and creating breakout opportunities.Adaptability is the new stability for modern careers.”
– Reid Hoffman: The start-up of you
How do you most add value at work? What are your (unique?) defining attributes and characteristics? If someone was putting together a dream project team, what skills or services or inputs would you get called to provide?
A personal brand develops the words, phrases or ideas we want others to conjure when they think of our qualities and values. A personal brand stimulates a meaningful emotional response in our audience. It is how they will remember you, in all your glory…
Personal branding is not really a choice – everyone has a brand, whether we want one or not. Your co-workers, team, manager, employer – they all have ideas about your brand identity.
The question is: do you want to define it; or do you want to let others decide it for you?
Is your brand clear, consistent, strong, powerful? Does it make things happen for you in your career? Does it get you the interesting, valuable, lucrative work?
A successful personal brand is a signal in the noise of the ever-present, ever-expanding information overload. You must filter, simplify, clarify. Synthesize. Create hooks. Make it easy for your stakeholder(s) to help you. Help yourself.
We believe our approach to personal branding can provide these realistic outcomes:
- I know (better) who I am (at my best)
- I can (better) articulate how I add value
- I can (better) articulate ideas / projects to stakeholders
- I can have better career / work discussions with my manager
- I can (better) sell my skills for cross-functional opportunities
- I can (better) sell my skills in a career move
- I know how my team / peers see me
- We understand (better) our team dynamic
- I know more people; and more people know me (and my skills / knowledge / opinions etc.)
We also believe that, in contrast to many other training programs, we deliver a rich learning product that is:
- Chock full of opportunities for action and changes in behavior;
- Straight up fun and entertaining;
- Shareable and social.
It goes something like this:
This is where the fun begins.
Using the TMWK BrandBoard, we want individuals and teams to feel empowered and excited to share themselves with the world. We want people to declare, confidently, clearly, concisely:
“This is why you need me.”
←This Much We Know.→