A Pecha Kucha checklist:
- 20 appropriate images chosen
- Single talking point for each image
- Script of sorts created
- A clear sense of outcome(s) from being there
- Slides played at real speed to understand justhowquicktheychange or – how – slowly – they – change so that 15% of the speech is NOT saying “Oh, wow, this goes so fast / hmm, where is the next slide!?”
- Like a flyweight boxer, all senses moving in rhythm, feeling light and honed
- Vague plan to deal with inevitable last minute fear that supercedes all the preparation that went before it
- Level of comfort that you will be value for money at least, change the world at most
- Practice mantra of “It’s only 6 minutes 40 seconds. Even if I’m shit, no worries!”
- Most importantly, willingness of partner to listen to a working out loud practice of said pecha kucha many, many times.
Let’s do this thing.
←This Much We Know.→