- Learning, rehearsal and performance spaces – they are orchestrated in different ways.
- The willingness to share beyond boundaries – leveraging Periscope to bring close those who cannot attend in person.
- The curated spaces – each decorated to evoke a feeling – the Community space had a garden gate and a fake campfire with blankets; the knowledge zone like an old library
- The thematic work across the whole session – the trip aboard the ship, passport, piratical cries. Julian’s session bridging evoked strong undercurrents, land ahoy, disembarking. The commitment to the theme took great planning.
- The working out loud on the event processes – live broadcasting the run-throughs, sharing the engine room of the planning process
- Building the community in advance – via LinkedIn group and Slack community. Maybe ended up being a bit much (too many channels) but the experimentation works
- The embrace of creativity – music, spoken word, art, performance. There was a real commitment to the balance of right and left brain approaches
- The graffiti session was a real gift – experts sharing their insight and knowledge; unself-consciously and with no edge of “I’m an expert, aren’t you lucky to get the inside knowledge?!”
- Of course, it’s all about the people – fellow travelers all. Rich learning from a group of passionate experts.
- Especially, meeting in real life world leaders in the social space, people who are comrades in arms: Carol Read, Kate Pinner, Julie Drybrough.
←This Much We Know.→