Simple pleasures, this time.
- Recommitted to my job. I have done this a few times over the last 8+ years. There is an ebb and flow to work – I am on my third or fourth tide.
- We painted a wall in my house as a whiteboard and gave the kids whiteboard markers. The results are the definition of ‘all that is good about children.’
- We renewed our ski passes, and as soon as it snowed, we skied. Unlike last year, when it didn’t snow, and we didn’t ski once!
- I started to repatriate my vinyl from UK; and bought a Bluetooth speaker to play music around the house and dance with the kids.
- Listened to a lot of Kendrick (again); Beck; Sufjan Stevens; noir jazz; deep house. Music keeps me creatively vital.
- I visited my Dad’s grave with my Mum.
- Tried new work practices – a hackathon, Working Out Loud circle, building my network locally. All tricky, slightly unnatural, all learning opportunities.
- Gave up sweets for roughly 6 months. Proved I can control myself pretty easily. Need a new challenge in 2016.
- Zoe started school. We got through the first tranche of childhood with the kids without too many issues!
- I started swimming again, and kept a quite decent routine. I feel stronger.
←This Much We Know.→