Hyperlapse is the latest and greatest. Just a couple of days after I had a conversation about Microsoft’s upcoming reveal of an image stabilisation tool with @The_Solimonster – my genius creative tech colleague – Instagram has one in production, a single use app.
Is it something that will change my (video making) life? Just maybe. In the world of 6-second Vines, some sped up camera work might make ALL THE DIFFERENCE. Or not. Still, let’s see.
- Download app – check.
- Press record – check.
- Change speed of capture up and down – check.
- Looks good, press OK – check.
- Load to FB / Instagram – oh, ummm, no “save for later” – hmmmm.
- Lose file to camera roll – oh, ok.
- Open Vine (preferred video app of choice), upload video file – check.
- Edit file, click ok – check.
- Vine video uploads as black, with sound intact – fail.
From hyper lapse to vine. Does not work. https://t.co/GzhKUtTYxp
— Jonathan Anthony (@ThisMuchWeKnow) August 29, 2014
New plan of attack required:
- Start using Instagram properly – maybe.
- Get better at making immediate video editing choices live – probably.
- Keep searching for the tools that change my life / make my work better, every day – definitely.
This is #futureOfWork work played out live, every day, in the creative arts. It keeps me young and hungry, and sometimes makes me feel old and tired!
←This Much We Know.→